Anyone seeking employment at Newark Charter School should mail completed NCS Employment Application along with a cover letter and resume to:
Newark Charter School
200 McIntire Drive
Newark, Delaware 19711
Applicants who are interested in substitute teaching should contact:
Position openings for the 2017-2018 school year include the following:
Jr./Sr. HIGH STUDENT ADVISOR NEEDED
Newark Charter’s Jr./Sr. High School is looking for a paraprofessional to fill the responsibilities of a Student Advisor. The student advisor works directly with the building administration to ensure proper supervision of students and a culture of decorum. Responsibilities include duties such as; parking lot duty during drop off and pick up, recess/lunch supervision and other duties as assigned. The student advisor is expected to coach and mentor students while supporting the administration to administer the Code of Conduct. Interested candidates shold email resume and references to Dr. Lisa Ueltzhoffer, Principal Jr./Sr. High School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newark Charter School, enrolling 2,330 students in grades K-12
The Mission of the Newark Charter School is to promote high levels of student effort, achievement and decorum for children in grades K-12 in the Greater Newark community by providing continuous, engaging and rigorous academic challenges grounded in a sequential core of common knowledge, delivered in a community of students, educators and involved parents who value scholarship and appropriate behavior.
Operating since 2001, Newark Charter School’s primary and intermediate schools are located on its Patriot Way Campus and the junior/senior high school is located on the McIntire Drive Campus in the City of Newark. The high school, which opened in 2013, is adding grade 12 in 2016.
Newark Charter School is recognized as a school of excellence both at the state and national levels.
- Named National Blue Ribbon School for Academic Excellence (U.S. Department of Education)
- Named Reward School: Highest Performing School and Superior School (Delaware Department of Education)
- Named Top Workplace-Best in Delaware (News Journal/Workplace Dynamics)
- National Title I Distinguished School (U.S. Department of Education)
- Ranked # 2 on the national list for top performing schools or districts in reading. (Global Report Card, George W. Bush Presidential Center)
- Designated a Core Knowledge Visitation School and top ten Core Knowledge Schools in the Country (Core Knowledge Foundation)
- 3,300 students on a waiting list (2015-2016)
- Parent satisfaction rating: 100%
It is the policy of the Board of Directors of the Newark Charter (“District”) that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, national origin, age or disability, be subjected to any discrimination prohibited by the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, as amended; American with Disabilities Act; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972; and other applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, and subsequent placement, training, promotion, compensation, continuation, probation, discharge, and other terms and conditions of employment over which the District has jurisdiction. Any questions, please contact the School Director at 302-369-2001.