Anyone seeking employment at Newark Charter School should mail completed NCS Employment Application along with a cover letter and resume to:
Newark Charter School
200 McIntire Drive
Newark, Delaware 19711
Applicants who are interested in substitute teaching should contact:
Position openings for the 2017-2018 school year include the following:
High School Engineering Teacher
Long Term Sub for High School Computer Science
Kindergarten Instructional Aide
The assistant supports the classroom teacher with assisting with instruction, enforcing school rules, helping with classroom routines, and preparing instructional materials.
- Preparing, organizing, and distributing instructional materials
- Cleaning up of equipment and materials used throughout the day
- Monitoring and keeping records of materials used in the classroom
- Creating and maintaining bulletin boards and displays
- Teaching small group lessons
- Enforcing the school and classroom rules
- Monitoring students during large group activities
- Supervising recess and lunch
- Attending Specials classes to assist with the students, classroom routines, and lessons
- Taking the students safely from one area to another in the school
- Providing information and feedback to the classroom teacher about an individual student’s progress and/or behavior
- Taking on the teacher’s role in the teacher’s absence
- Working well, collaborating, and communicating with the other Kindergarten aides and teachers
Newark Charter School, enrolling 2,330 students in grades K-12
The Mission of the Newark Charter School is to promote high levels of student effort, achievement and decorum for children in grades K-12 in the Greater Newark community by providing continuous, engaging and rigorous academic challenges grounded in a sequential core of common knowledge, delivered in a community of students, educators and involved parents who value scholarship and appropriate behavior.
Operating since 2001, Newark Charter School’s primary and intermediate schools are located on its Patriot Way Campus and the junior/senior high school is located on the McIntire Drive Campus in the City of Newark. The high school, which opened in 2013, is adding grade 12 in 2016.
Newark Charter School is recognized as a school of excellence both at the state and national levels.
- Named National Blue Ribbon School for Academic Excellence (U.S. Department of Education)
- Named Reward School: Highest Performing School and Superior School (Delaware Department of Education)
- Named Top Workplace-Best in Delaware (News Journal/Workplace Dynamics)
- National Title I Distinguished School (U.S. Department of Education)
- Ranked # 2 on the national list for top performing schools or districts in reading. (Global Report Card, George W. Bush Presidential Center)
- Designated a Core Knowledge Visitation School and top ten Core Knowledge Schools in the Country (Core Knowledge Foundation)
- 3,300 students on a waiting list (2015-2016)
- Parent satisfaction rating: 100%
It is the policy of the Board of Directors of the Newark Charter (“District”) that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, national origin, age or disability, be subjected to any discrimination prohibited by the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, as amended; American with Disabilities Act; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972; and other applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, and subsequent placement, training, promotion, compensation, continuation, probation, discharge, and other terms and conditions of employment over which the District has jurisdiction. Any questions, please contact the School Director at 302-369-2001.