The Fall Sports e-Newsletter is
Newark Charter School offers programs and activities to match every student interest. We offer a full array of athletic teams in the junior high school and high school. These include 24 varsity sports, jv sports and a handful of freshman teams. We offer Unified Sports in Flag Football, Track, Basketball & Bowling. The Middle School program offers 15 sports. Please visit the NCS sports website to see the sports we provide. Our coaches are credentialed and meet all DIAA requirements. Please contact our High School Athletic Director, Greg Shivery for more information on High School Athletics & Tim Reighart for Middle School Sport information.
Newark Charter School is a member of the DIAA Conference and competes in the Diamond State Athletic Conference with Archmere Academy, Charter School of Wilmington, Conrad, Delaware Military Academy, First State Military Academy, MOT Charter and Red Lion Christian Academy.
Newark Charter School is the recipient of the DIAA Sportsmanship Award for three consecutive years (2016, 2017, 2018).
State Champion titles belong to the Girl’s Swim Team (2018) and the Unified Flag Football Team (2017, 2018).
Fall 2018 season highlights:
- The Girl’s Volleyball team advanced to the quarterfinals of the state tournament for the first time in NCS history. Head coach, Jessica Weller, volleyball coach was named the Delaware Interscholastic Volleyball Coaches Association State Coach of the Year.
- The Girl’s Field Hockey team qualified for the Division II State Tournament for the first time in team history.
- Girl’s Cross Country finished third in the conference and seventh place in the New Castle County Championships. Boy’s Cross Country ran to a fourth place conference finish.
Newark Charter School alumni competing at the collegiate level include:
- Abby Cannon, NCS Class of 2017, Susquehanna University, Volleyball
- Zach Lesher, NCS Class of 2017, University of Delaware, Baseball
- Jude McGough, NCS Class of 2017, University of North Carolina Charlotte, Softball
- Alec Menzer, NCS Class of 2017, Swarthmore College, Swimming
- Ali Narvaez, NCS Class of 2017, DeSales University, Soccer
- Emily Ansah, NCS Class of 2018, Wilmington University, Basketball
- Kevin Buglio, NCS Class of 2018, University of Delaware, Baseball
- Sloan Healy, NCS Class of 2018, York College, Field Hockey
- Justin Thomas, NCS Class of 2018, Alvernia University, Basketball
- Jessica Trent, NCS Class of 2018, Lebanon Valley College, Swimming
The NCS Athletic Boosters meet on a monthly basis and is comprised of NCS parents, coaches and administrators. The purpose of the Athletic Boosters is to provide fundraising support to all athletic teams throughout the year. Parents are welcome to attend the meetings and should contact Greg Shivery, Athletic Director, for more information.
NCS Patriot Sports
Spiritwear Online Ordering
NCS Team App