Newark Charter School’s Open Enrollment period for the 2019-2020 academic year will begin on Monday, November 5, 2018 and close on Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. Newark Charter School will also host an Open House on Monday, November 5 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. in all three buildings for prospective students and their families. Reservations are not required.
- Applications must be received during the open enrollment period in order to be included in the lottery.
- The free, online application will be available from this site beginning on Monday, November 5, 2018 at 8:00 a.m.
- Students who have been placed on a waiting list for Newark Charter School in the past must reapply for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Siblings of current students must submit an application during the open enrollment period to be considered for admission.
- A separate application must be completed for each student interested in applying to Newark Charter School.
- All Kindergarten applicants must be at least five (5) years of age on or before August 31, 2019 to apply for Kindergarten in the 2019-2020 school year. No child may participate in the Newark Charter School lottery for admission to Kindergarten more than one time. (for specific details, please review the Admissions Procedures via the link below).
- Those who wish to apply after the Open Enrollment deadline may request an application from the NCS Office. Once received, the application will be placed on the waiting list in the order received.
The school will confirm receipt of all applications via email. Please validate this confirmation and contact the school if there are any discrepancies. If no email is provided, confirmation will be via letter.
Enrollment is open to all Delaware residents. In the event that the number of applications exceeds the number of openings, a lottery will be used to select students, with preferences given as noted in the admissions procedures, which can be downloaded from this page. For specific details of the admissions procedures please download the Admissions Procedures Document.
Admissions questions may be directed to Sharon Dorr, 302-369-2001, email@example.com